By Janeth | August 31, 2012
- Google is an SEO’s god. It’s true and many SEO don’t know it. Google says add this text, or remove that tag and an SEO will race to see how fast he can please Google.Just a whisper of a new algo change will have SEO’s running to their computer to see if they can discover what Google has changed. Webmaster around the world pay these SEO’s because of their great knowledge of the Google god.
- This exchange of money with anyone other than Google angers the Google god. But again many SEO’s think Google loves them.
- Google has labeled all SEO’s as spammers. Google has said time and again anyone that manipulates a site for the purpose of ranking higher in Google is a spammer.
- The reason Google shows organic results isn’t because they love the small business owner. They need that content. They can buy it, write it, or steal it. They’ve chosen to steal it. But as long as the content writers are making money no one cares. Many SEO’s don’t understand why Google is using that content; again they think it’s out of love.
- Google is getting more aggressive with their ad placements and have begun using the organic results as nothing more than feeler text.
- Today it’s much harder to get ranked on Google and you are less likely to get the results from those rankings that were achieved 3 years ago.
- Google’s war with the World has caused the good content writers to go underground. Some of the best content is now found behind steal walls designed to keep Google out.
- Consumers are beginning to skip Google and head straight for the retailer.
- There’s a new godin town that’s about to kick Google ass. As an unlikely rival as they might seem it would appear that Amazon might be the next Google.
- Commercial searches make up 20 percent of Google searches. This is where Google’s money comes from. More and more consumers are skipping Google altogether and going straight to Amazon. Google’s going to feel that in their bottom line.
And to me, search is search. It makes no difference if it’s making a product rank in the search engines or making a product rank on a social media site. SEO’s are going to have to spread out a bit. If not the social media marketers will move in and steal our thunder.
Me, I am a web designer. If there’s a way to optimize the search results for a site and drive traffic to my site, I’d like to hear about it.